Where do I begin... how is it 4 years since the day myself and Rheannon opened the doors to GlamouriZe for the first time.
It has definitely flown by and the saying certainly rings true “time flys when your having fun”
Those first few weeks before the shop even looked like a salon it was completely mental, organising work men, making sure all equipment was ordered, dealing with the bank and other official people and to be honest it has not stopped since.
The day of our launch was a huge mix of emotions for me I was excited, nervous and just generally feeling overwhelmed but it all went without an issue even if I did have to push the decorator out 2 hours before we opened and had signs saying “I’m not quite looking my best yet” about.
Opening the doors to the salon on the first day of trade which was also my 24th birthday still feels like yesterday, with boxes of equipment down the middle of the salon which we hadnt had time to unpack or even thought about where we would put it all. Having just a normal table as a nail bar because the delivery had gone to the wrong address (Story of our live’s in the beginning). Somehow we got through the first week and it was amazing how quickly the salon started feeling like home and that we had been working here forever.
Now we all know I can talk for England and when it comes to the salon it’s like I’m talking about a child’s life but I guess this is my baby and I’m so proud of everything it’s achieved in just 4 years. As a team we enjoy remembering what we have achieved;
• Our first wedding had to be the earliest to date with a 4am start, now we are at around 40 weddings and counting.
• Photo shoot for Rheannon‘s advance training.
• When myself and Rheannon hit Ibiza for the weekend.
• Rheannon finishing her level 3 advance training.
• Going back to school to do 2 special hair cuts for the little princess trust and since then we have donated over 20 people’s hair to be made into wigs.
• Every year attending a fashion show at Woburn golf course in aid of Willen Hospice.
• A road trip to Bristol for an evening hosted by Goldwell.
• Becoming a top rated salon with Treatwell for 2 years running.
• WINNING our first award. Best Customer Service 2017 in the SME Buckinghamshire awards.
• I was awarded runner up in the Young Business Person of the year category 2018.
• The salon has been finalist in a total of 14 different categories across 4 different awards in 3 years, which is an amazing achievement.
• I was lucky enough to be involved in a local exhibition to celebrate business women of MK - The Bronzed Mirror, seeing my photo hanging on the wall amongst other business women was very surreal.
• As a salon being invited to the Goldwell’s summer ball 2018.
That is just a few (ok quite a few) of GlamouriZe‘s achievements.
This year is flying by and I’m so excited for what this year has to bring and what the future holds for the salon as it still has massive potential.
Happy 4th birthday GlamouriZe and Happy Birthday to me :)
Here‘s to many more years of memories, crazy moments and odd conversations. Id also like to say a massive thank you to each and every customer that has walked into GlamouriZe as without you my dreams wouldn’t be a reality every day.