Updated: Nov 14, 2019
One of the most relaxing things we have on our service menu and of course it is tailored to you and your skins needs.
As with a lot of our services one of treatments are not recommended and facials are most definitely something you should be investing in and making time for. We offer 3 different length facials so you have no excuse that you don't have the time, 30 mins includes cleanse, tone, mask and moisturise. The 45 minute and the hour facial are more tailored to your needs with the options of adding steam, extraction and a more intense massage.
Let us set the scene... after your initial consultation Hannah will welcome you into the beauty room which will set your senses working. Scented candles will awaken your smell, soft low lighting will start to relax you and the sound of relaxing music will help bring you from the crazy outside and allow you to escape to our world. Once you are comfortable on the cough Hannah will begin your facial, using our award winning Temple Spa products. With each product applied you can feel the daily stresses just washing away, allow your thoughts of what you should be doing rest peacefully to the back on your mind and just enjoy being in the moment. Have a little snooze while you loose yourself in the moment and at the end of your ultimate relaxing facial you will feel like you are walking on air, your skin will have a dewy glow and you have had some time to relax your mind.
As the weather is changing here our Hannah's top 5 tips to healthy winter skin.
1. Protect - Just like in the summer make sure you are wearing sunscreen - the winter sun can be just as damaging as the summer sun. Dig out your winter warmers, gloves, hats and scarves to protect your skin from cold wind, rain and if it happens snow.
2. Change Your Cleanser Cleansers can be extremely drying to the skin. If you’re used to using options that contain glycolic or salicylic acid, rotate with a more hydrating version that contains moisturising ingredients. We’d recommend trying In The Beginning which will intensely nourish your skin that will also cleanse and gently exfoliate whilst leaving your skin clean with a dewy complexion.
3. Choose Moisturiser Carefully Some over-the-counter moisturisers have petroleum-based ingredients that can actually further dry your skin in the winter months (and actually add no benefit at any time of year). Be sure to choose a smart formula that has natural, nourishing ingredients. At this time of year chose an oil-based rather than a water-based solution, as it’s more likely to help your skin retain moisture in the winter. Also changing to lke warm water were you can to avoid stripping much needed oils and moisturise straight after whether its a hand wash or a shower apply your moisturiser to damp skin.
4. Exfoliate We often forget to help rid the skin off dead cells in the winter, particularly on our hands. Yet moisture can’t get in if the dead cells are too plentiful. Find an exfoliating mask and use it on your face and your hands, as well as gently on your lips, then follow immediately with moisture to truly see a smoother difference. Exfoliating body washes are also helpful in the winter months.
5. Drink Because it is colder in the winter we tend to drink less water and turn to hot drinks like tea, coffee and hot chocolate, but don’t forget that your skin needs hydration from the inside, out. A little warm water with lemon can be very refreshing and hydrating at the same time or green tea is very good for you. Its not just drinking eating foods high in water content can help hydrate your skin from the inside out as well. Try watermelon, cantaloupe melon, apples, oranges, kiwi, and watery veggies like celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, courgette, and carrots. Make sure you’re getting enough vitamin C and zinc to support the healthy production of collagen and elastin. Also consider taking an omega-3 supplement, or consume more fatty fish and flaxseed to give your skin the building blocks it needs to appear supple and smooth.
Now you have our top tips and a break down about our facial services whats stopping you... Treat yourself and kick start that winter routine.
Buy 3 and save - 3 one hour ultimate facials for £105
Purchase the package at your first appointment and you will have 3 months to use the remaining 2 facials.
Hannah & Team Glam